These are some of Frank’s one-liners weaved throughout his books:
- Safety—live first! It is better to tell a bad, embarrassing story than to die and not be able to tell a story at all.
- Always remember and you’ll never forget.
- Doing better than most but not as good as some.
- Learn from that mistake and don’t make the same mistake twice.
- We make our money above planet Earth, and it is serious business.
- You know, you just can’t pull over to a cloud and check the oil.
- When you get up there, don’t forget to land.
- I have Yank and Bank school (flight simulator training school).
- Today’s second officer may be tomorrow’s chief pilot.
- A cool big-time pilot with a massive ego.
- Enjoy the day, if not the night.
- Fly safely. Be safe and legal, then efficient and reliable.
- Going 600 mph.
- Always tell the truth.
- The attitude in the left seat is all screwed up.
- After now and before later.